Earthing is a fast-growing movement based upon the discovery that connecting to the Earth’s natural energy is foundational for vibrant health. Connecting to the Earth’s naturally produced negative ions is shown to reduce inflammation and produce many positive health effects.
Disconnected from the Earth we feel fatigued
Being isolated from the Earth by non-conductive materials such as rubber and plastic (our shoes), wood, plastic, laminate, and asphalt (flooring surfaces).
When we re-connect with the Earth, balance is restored!
When we make direct contact with the surface of the Earth our bodies receive a charge of energy that makes us feel better, fast.
Just as the sun gives us warmth and vitamin D, the Earth underfoot gives us food and water, a surface to walk, sit, stand, play, and build on, and something you never, ever thought about—an eternal, natural, and gentle energy. Think of it perhaps as vitamin G—G for ground. What does that mean to you? Maybe the difference between feeling good and not so good, of having little or a lot of energy, or sleeping well or not so well. You can’t see the Earth’s energy but some people can feel it as a warm, tingling, and pleasant sensation when they are out walking barefoot along the water’s edge at the beach or on a stretch of dew-moistened grass.
Step 1: Check Your Outlets For Ground
In order to use your Earthing product, you must connect it to the “ground port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your Earthing product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in the outlet checker.
Two amber lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper ground and you are ready to connect your Earthing product.
Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly grounded. Try testing another outlet. If it still doesn’t work, then you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2.
Step 2: (Optional) Using The Ground Rod When Outlets Aren’t Grounded
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth(8″ to 10″) close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptical end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
Step 3: Setting Up The Yoga Mat
1. Decide where you want to use the mat. Your options include most anyplace. Just remember that wherever you set it up you need to have some bare skin contact.
2. Attach snap end of Earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
3. Insert prong end of Earthing cord into ground port (third hole) of nearest grounded electrical outlet on wall, or into Earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection. The mat is conductive on the snap side only.
Step 5: How To Test For Conductivity With The Continuity Tester
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your Earthing Mat is conductive. It contains two replaceable batteries.
1. Insert prong end of splitter into grounded outlet or ground rod cord.
2. Plug Earthing cord from mat into one of the two splitter receptacle ends.
3. Insert prong end of tester cord into the other splitter receptacle.
4. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact. A green light means that mat is in working order. In unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced. Sometimes, people have difficulty testing their mat. If the light doesn’t come on, place one hand on the mat while holding the tester in the other hand and with one finger on the silver button on back of tester. A green light would show that the body is grounded when touching the mat. Make sure that both the tester and the mat are plugged in to the ground, as described above. The reason for perhaps the light not going on: you aren’t pressing hard enough on the tester. The surface fabric of the mat sometimes prevents the button from contacting the conductive fibers of the mat. The surface seems smooth, but if you were to look at it with a microscope you would see “hills and valleys.” The pliant surface of the skin, unlike the hard metal button, will bend around fibers and make good contact. You can also put some moisture on your finger tips to create a better contact.
5. Disconnect splitter from the ground connection, then disconnect cords from the splitter.
6. Re-insert Earthing cord from sheet or mat into ground connection.
7. You don’t have to test your mat often. Perhaps after cleaning. The more you use the tester, the sooner the batteries in the tester will expire.
Step 6: How To Wash and Care For Your Earthing Mat
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the mat using a non corrosive cleaner. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Air dry the mat only,
Control Your Stress! Tap into greater creativity and intuition...
Learn to take care of your brain, improve mental functions, remain alert and develop your brainpower. Using the emWave® technology and the HeartMath Brain Fitness Program gives you tools and techniques to increase your heart-brain synchronization.*More models available